Thursday, April 09, 2009

That new Peep smell

I once dated somone who lived about a 1/2 mile from the Just Born candy factory in Bethlehem, Pa. He turned into a bit of a stalker, but for a few weeks I did get to experience the joy that is driving around Bethlehem on an early spring day -- the sweet smell of newborn Peeps lingering in the air.

Thankfully you don't have to go out with an emotionally unstable young man to smell the marshmallow candies any time you desire. Just Born has licensed the Peeps brand (and flavors) to be used for a frightening array of products including key rings, stuffed animals, popcorn, candles, figurines and other fine china (tell me if you plan to register for Peep china for your wedding and I don't care who you are, I'll buy you some salad plates) as well as SCENTED greeting cards. Mmm -- Easterlicious.

No comments: