Friday, February 23, 2007

As long as they don't corner the OCD market

Hallmark has released a 176-card collection which touches on "sensitive" issues like depression, accidental death, losing your job, cancer and eating disorders.

The Journeys collection is mostly focused on the "encouragement" angle. PEP has discussed similar topics, but definitely from a younger, lighter perspective ... which some many consider "insensitive."
We consider them cards you can get/give with a close friend who understands. The inside jokes of cards that are shared by more than you and your friends.

" If you keep washing your hands ... I'm leaving you in the bathroom and taking away your soap privileges"

"I swear ... the stove is off. So are the lights. And the door is locked. Really. I swear."

"That was quite a spill you took off the wagon. I'd help you up, but I'd have to put my martini down first."

If you're afraid of offending, go Journeys. If you want to tell it like it is, go PEP.

No comments: