Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sympathy cards can be sent to Kansas City


"Hallmark Magazine" has died. The March-April issue will be its last. At least 500 subscribers are going to be really unhappy when their subscription turns into "ESPN: The Magazine" come May.

To be honest, I'm not sure how this magazine differed from "Martha Stewart Living". I could swear that they were exactly the same book. Recipes. Crafts. Kids. Completely geared toward women. And I did see it a few times. Picked it up. Flipped through it. It's been around for three years, after all. But it was a magazine branded by a greeting card giant. What brilliant person wrote the business plan that got this project greenlighted? I need their help selling my social media strategy. If you subscribed to this, seriously -- tell me why?

No comments: