Wednesday, July 01, 2009

What is a "pull-my-chin" card?

American Greetings had a big ole $1.69B year. They bought Papyrus and Recycled Paper Greetings. Closed 450 stores. Shuffled around hundreds of staff. Struggled with some licensing lines, including twice failing to jettison its Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears properties. But they continued to grow strategically and better positioning themselves in an ever-shrinking market (sigh) by buying deeper into the high-end homemade side with Papyrus and adding eco-conscious alternative sentiments with Recycled.

What's next? "An ever-widening array of new offerings, including sentimental cards from Kathy Davis; greeting cards with built-in sound, music and special effects; and humorous items such as singing envelopes and "pull-my-chin" cards," CEO Zev Weiss says.

I'm intrigued by the musical envelope concept and whatever "special effects" they may have in the works (thought I'm thinking anything flammable would be a Nova in the making), but can ANYONE tell me what a "pull-my-chin" card is? Does it make you think, want to buy new tweezers or covet someone's playoff scruff?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.