Saturday, November 22, 2008

Save your money, buy a greeting card

Who isn't watching their wallet a little closer these days? Even my CEO was telling me (proudly) this week how he and our CFO ordered pizza -- and even walked to pick it up -- instead of doing dinners out during budget meetings.

My birthday is in two weeks and I've rented out part of my favorite bar and invited a ton of friends to celebrate with me. Presents not accepted, presence is enough. But I do hope I get some fun, creative cards. I really appreciate the time and effort someone puts into their choice, especially if it makes me think, or smile or tear up. And I save them all. (Dad, this no-gift policy does not apply to you -- I still want that wine fridge).

Of course, a couple glasses of whiskey are also welcome. I'm never one to turn down booze.

No comments: