Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Father's Day backlash

Dads of the world, unite against stereotypes -- you snoring, lazy outdoorsmen. Not longer will you be pigeonholed to a land of cards featuring empty beer bottles, ugly recliners, bad pants and even worse parenting skills. At least one Washington group (I tread lightly here) has decried the "dumb, dangerous or disaffected" label, requesting the value of fatherhood be treated with more respect.

I bought two mushy-type cards this year. Neither of my father folks are of the mold that mainstream-card USA trends toward. Send me your "loves to take walks in the woods and drink good Scotch Dad" and "is obsessed with all earth sciences and awesome martinis Dad" cards, and you'll get me. You'll also probably understand a bit more about where I came from.

No comments: